Join Telangana News Online WhatsApp Group at https://chat.whatsapp.com/BaDmxsNnEh6AqSHzaQ4fgr
Bharatiya Janata Party
Bharatiya Janata Party is a political party in Telangana State.
BJP Politicians from Telangana region
- G Kishan Reddy - President of BJP State Unit
- Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao
- Nagam Janardhan Reddy - MLA, Nagarkurnool
- K Laxman - MLA, Musheerabad. BJP floor leader
Bharatiya Janata Party would contest all the seats in Telangana in 2014 elections. BJP national president Rajnath Singh would attend the Telangana success meet in March 2014.
Former Sikkim Governor V Rama Rao and Telangana BJP president G Kishan Reddy launched the manifesto of the party for the 2014 elections. Following are the salient features of the manifesto.
- Houses to shelterless poor.
- Filling all vacancies in teaching posts.
- Top priority to employment, strengthening fee reimbursement scheme.
- Bus passes to DWCRA women.
- 24-hour uninterrupted quality power supply to all sections like in Gujarat.
- Nine-hour uninterrupted free power supply to farming sector free of cost
- 3 acres to landless farmers
- Rs 10 lakh or three acres of land or 200 square yards of housing plots to each martyr's family
- Waive farm loans up to Rs 1 lakh
- Implement Swaminathan commission recommendations
- Set up a State-level agricultural prices commission to decided on market price of the produce
- Present separate budgets for agriculture, animal husbandry and irrigation
- Committee to study issue of providing pension and health insurance to farmers above 60 years
- Efforts to be made to bring farmers and farm labourers under National Pension Scheme.
- New thermal plants of 4000 MW each would be set up at Manuguru and Bhupalpalli
- Subsidy to an extent of 85 per cent would be provided for solar pumpsets.
- National project status to Pranahita-Chevella scheme
- Revival of 30,000 tanks which dried up in Telangana
- Completion of all ongoing irrigation projects and construct 2000 minor irrigation tanks
- Free laptops to top 25,000 rank holders in engineering stream and 500 in medicine stream to be provided with free laptops under 'Pratibha Kamalam' scheme
- Rs 1 lakh cash award to top 2000 grils from EAmcet and top 100 girls from MBACET as part of promotion girl child education
- Special schemes for weavers and other artisans
- Separate department to address issues of Gulf migrants.
- Rs 20,000 crore for BC sub-plan.
- 50% concessions to senior citizens in RTC buses
- Corruption-free and transparent administration.
- NIMS-type super speciality hospital in every district headquarters
- Government to run Liquor shops in a phased manner as in Delhi
- Special body for protection of women
- Cash incentive of Rs 1 lakh to SC/ST girls who complete graduation
- 3% budget allocation for health, right to safe delivery for pregnant women
- Separate corpus fund to address agrarian problems
- Providing laptops to thousands of top-ranking Eamcet students
- Bicycles to girl students from sixth standard onwards
- Bathukamma and Sammaka Sarakka Jatara to be celebrated as State festivals.