Join Telangana News Online WhatsApp Group at https://chat.whatsapp.com/BaDmxsNnEh6AqSHzaQ4fgr
Kadiam Srihari is the Education Minister of Telangana.
Secondary School Certificate (SSC)
- Dates of examination: March 21 - April 9, 2016
- Timings: 9:30 am to 12:15 pm, students will not be permitted into exam hall after 9:35 am
- Number of students appearing for exams: 5.56 lakhs
- Spot valuation commences from: April 11, 2016
- Results will be declared: within seven weeks of the completion of examinations
The SSC exams in 2016 will be conducted in 2,615 centres statewide from March 21, 2016. In all the 10 districts of Telangana, 5.21 lakh students are appearing for the exams. The SSC exams will be held from 9:30 am to 12:15 pm. Students will not be allowed in exam halls after 9:35 am.
Keeping in view of allegations that invigilators were clicking pictures of exam papers and forwarding it to outside numbers, Telangana Education Minister Kadiam Srihari instructed chief superintendents in SSC exam centers not to carry mobile phones that have camera option in them while on exam duty. Except for the chief superintendents, no invigilator or staff will be allowed to carry a mobile phone with them on exam duty. The instructions were given during a conference call on March 10, 2016, with district collectors on arrangements of SSC exams.
On March 19, 2016, Director of Government Exams R Surender Reddy said that students will be allowed into the exam centre from 8:30 am onwards and not permitted into the hall after 9:35 am. Students will have to come in plain clothes as school uniforms are not allowed. Closed circuit cameras will be installed at one centre in each district on an experimental basis to check malpractice. Spot valuation of exam will be commenced from April 11 onwards and results will be declared within seven weeks of completion of the examinations.
Board of Intermediate Education
The government has decided to hold the Intermediate examinations (theory) from March 2, 2016. The dates were advanced by 9 days compared to 2015 to give enough time for the students for preparation for IIT-JEE. The JEE is scheduled for April 3, 2016.
Intermediate Exam Schedule - 2016
Examination schedule for both regular and vocational courses
- March 2: Second Language Paper-I
- March 4: English Paper-I
- March 8: Mathematics Paper-IA, Botany Paper-I, Civics Paper-I, Psychology Paper-I
- March 10: Mathematics Paper-IB, Zoology Paper-I, History Paper-I
- March 12: Physics Paper-I, Economics Paper-I, Classical Language Paper-I
- March 15: Chemistry Paper-I, Commerce Paper-I, Sociology Paper-I, Fine Arts, Music Paper-I
- March 17: Geology Paper-I, Home Science Paper-I, Public Administration Paper-I, Logic Paper-I, Bridge Course Maths Paper-I (for BiPC candidates)
- March 19: Modern Language Paper-I, Geography Paper-I
- March 3: Second Language Paper-II
- March 5: English Paper-II
- March 9: Mathematics Paper-IIA, Botany Paper-II, Civics Paper-II, Psychology Paper-II
- March 11: Mathematics Paper-IIB, Zoology Paper-II, History Paper-II
- March 14: Physics Paper-II, Economics Paper-II, Classical Language Paper-II
- March 16: Chemistry Paper-II, Commerce Paper-II, Sociology Paper-II, Fine Arts Music Paper-II
- March 18: Geology Paper-II, Home Science Paper-II, Public Administration Paper-II, Logic Paper-II, Bridge Course Maths Papers-II (for BiPC candidates)
- March 21: Modern Language Paper-II, Geography Paper-II
Ethics and Human Values exam will be conducted on January 28, 2016 and Environmental Education test on January 30, 2016
The Telangana state government is preparing a comprehensive State Higher Education Plan (SHEP) to present the current state of education in the State and press for funding from Centre. A huge chunk of budget presently goes to salary of employees. A small part of it goes into improving infrastructure and capacity building. The state government is keen on improving the current infrastructure. Telangana is entitled to receive Rs 1300 crore from the centre until the end of the current Five Year Plan. The SHEP will be presented for the Higher Education Project Approval Board meeting in first week of February.